banner

banner

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chen Chen

Livy had dance today from 4:00-5:00, then we went to a Matilda Jane trunk show (bought Livy ONE dress!), then came home to get dinner started.

I was starving!

I was down to my last meal to cook before having to go grocery shopping again. I was going to make some hamburger sliders. I've made them once before, and I thought I remembered them being pretty good. Drew remembered differently. Actually, he said they weren't bad, they just weren't awesome. Anyway, that's all we had so I got to cooking. 

I browned the meat, cut up the Velveeta, and got the rolls out of the pantry to start slicing them open... They were hard. Bummer! I didn't have any fries to go with it, only veggies, and somehow that just didn't sound like a good combination. Double bummer! Tasted the meat/cheese mixture, (and Drew was right) it was nothing special. Triple bummer!
 
And I was so hungry!

Drew laughed and shrugged his shoulders (in his silent way of trying not to say I told ya so). Then he said,
"Wanna just go to Chen Chen?"
"Absolutely!"
He said I've been cooking so well lately, I deserved one flop. How nice of him! ;) And in all fairness, it's not like I burned the food or botched the recipe. I did exactly what I was supposed to, it just wasn't great. So off to Chen Chen we went!

After we ate, we were still sitting at the table and Drew mentioned that he was full. Livy rubbed his arm and said,
"Aww, Daddy, I'll take care care care of you!"
"Well thank you baby."
"You can just sit in my lap if you want to!"
"I think I'm too big to sit in your lap."
"Well, just come here and I'll rock you."

Have I mentioned how incredibly sweet she is???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment