banner

banner

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bridezilla

You know, sometimes I have the best of intentions and things just don't turn out the way I want them to. If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen these pins of the little girl in her mother's wedding dress...
 
 
Adorable, right?! Normally it would be one of those things where I think it is super sweet, but way too much trouble. However, I just so happen to have my wedding dress sitting in my bedroom right now because 1) I just cleaned out my closet, and 2) Drew hasn't put it up in the attic yet. So I just thought what the heck, let's do it! Might as well because once that dress goes up in storage, it's not coming back down for a long, long time! 
 
So I tell Livy my idea, and of course she's excited! She never passes up a chance to get all dolled up! We curl her hair, put on a little blush to satisfy her make-up craving, put on her pearls, and head outside.
 
All was going great until she bumped her head on the way out the door. Disaster. Tears were falling left and right! I get her calmed down and as we're walking across the yard, the grass starts itching her feet and she thinks ants are biting her. Meltdown. We finally get situated, I'm ready to take a few pictures (very quickly because I know this won't last long!), and she can barely contain herself! Poor thing was so sleepy. I snapped a few shots, and then the sun got in her eyes. End of the world.
 
I realized I had gotten all the pictures I was gonna get, so we came back in. I sent her to bed while I put my dress back in the bag. Then I went to check on her and she was out like a light! Bless her, she just really needed a nap.
 
Although it didn't turn out quite like I had planned, I still got some really cute shots. And I know one day many, many years from now if her dad ever lets her date when she gets married, these pictures will be priceless!








 
Hopefully she gets a nap on her real wedding day!
 
 


1 comment: