banner

banner

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Noodles on the Wall

Livy took a nap this afternoon, and I decided to look through some old pictures just for fun. I found so many that made me laugh, and if I didn't have to scan them one by one to put them on the computer, I would probably add them all. But this one really made my day.

Notice the noodle on the wall?
This picture was taken when Drew and I first got married. We were living in our dream home (2 bedroom, 1.5 bath tiny little house in the ghetto) but it was ours! I'm pretty sure I would've lived in a camper as long as it meant that I got to fall asleep to him every night and wake up to him every morning. I had loved him since I was 15 and had dreamed of the day we would finally be old enough to get married. So yes, I guess that made it my dream home.

Back to the picture... one night we were cooking spaghetti in our tiny little kitchen, and we got to talking about how we had heard if you threw a spaghetti noodle on the wall and it stuck, then it was done cooking. I remember we had one of those moments where we just looked at each other, realized we no longer had parents around to tell us not to make a mess... so we went for it! We started throwing noodles on the wall. I don't remember how many we threw or how many ended up on the floor, but I do remember laughing our heads off.

That's one of the many reasons I love Drew. He always knows how to make me laugh... even when I don't want to laugh at him. He makes me smile, and he makes me happy.

It's not about what our house looks like... but the amount of love in our house.
It's not about the vehicles we drive... but holding hands in the truck wherever we're going.
It's not about the clothes we wear... but reminding each other how attracted we are to the other.
It's not about the extravagant vacations we can't afford... but making the most of the time we spend together every day.
It's not always the BIG things in a marriage that make it fun... but the littlest things, like throwing noodles on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment