banner

banner

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pinterest Projects

I like to think that I'm a pretty patient person, mostly laid-back and easy going. But when it comes to things I want to get done, I want them done yesterday! I think the pregnancy might have a little to do with that... Maybe a little early nesting? Lately, I find myself wanting everything clean and organized.

And Pinterest is only adding fuel to the fire! 

Drew and I have a long term list of things that we want to redo around the house: the back porch, our master bathroom, the front door, etc. All of these are super expensive so that's why they're on the long term list (aka... they'll probably never get done, but they're fun to think about). So I came up with a quick fix for the front door... Just repaint it! 

The door was originally the same green color as the entire house. It has diagonal wooden panels on it, but that green was doing nothing for it. I picked a couple of tan colors that coordinated with the rocks on the house, and now it really pops! I also added our house number... Thanks for another great idea, Pinterest! And the fall decorations are just wonderful... I almost love them more than my Christmas decorations!


 
Another recent project was our master closet. I forgot to take a before picture but take my word for it... It was a disaster. There was only one rod on each side of the closet so there was absolutely not enough room for all of our clothes. Therefore, we constantly had to switch out our clothes every time the seasons changed. The bulky Rubbermaid containers sat at the bottom of our closet barely leaving enough room to walk in there. Needless to say it was a pain getting dressed everyday... As if trying to just find clothes that fit wasn't enough of a problem!
 
Drew brought home some new rods so we could have double the space on each of our sides! And it has been wonderful getting dressed everyday. I actually almost enjoy picking out my clothes. 



Livy cracks me up in this picture! 
 
 
The third project I've got on my list is the buffet in the dining room. Who knows when it will get done because I can't do this one myself. So this one is all up to Drew. I told him I'd love to have it finished by Thanksgiving... We shall see! 

Here's what I want done... 


And here's what it looks like now...

I found a neat idea on Pinterest to store all my hair products on shelves instead of stuffed in the drawers. I love it. It's like getting ready in my very own hair salon. 

Here's what I found...


And here's what mine looks like...



This one is not a new change. I actually did this one a long time ago, but it was a Pinterest project so I thought I'd include it. Instead of cramming all my makeup in a bag in the drawer, I have it all organized on the counter. Then when I need to go overnight somewhere, I just put what I need in a makeup bag and go. So nice!

Here was the idea...


And here's my version...


There's just something about fall being right around the corner that makes me want to make everything pretty! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK! Ok gotta blog question.. how did u get the Labels on the right? I wanna add labels to mine but can't figure it out :(

    Josh would kill me if i did our door like this but I LOVE IT! He about died when i changed the color and painted it hunter orange but I LOVE it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! When you're in your blogger settings, go to Layout, then Add a Gadget. You should find the option for labels there. I'm still learning all this stuff... it takes me forever it seems like to change anything!

    ReplyDelete