banner

banner

Monday, September 30, 2013

Strep Throat

Livy Lou started running fever Friday night. She had no other symptoms and didn't act like it bothered her, so I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed. 

Saturday morning she seemed fine so we went over to Nana's to visit with the gals. Livy ended up falling asleep in Aunt Lori's lap... Not normal for her. 


So I took her home. She acted sick for about an hour and then was back to playing and laughing but was still running fever. 

I kept her home Sunday morning from church because that fever just would not go away. Then she started saying her teeth hurt. She would randomly cry out in pain. So I thought maybe she had some molars coming in? I couldn't remember exactly when that happened... And she always ran fever when her teeth came in as a baby, so it made sense. Drew brought home some teething tablets to help ease the pain but they weren't working. At all. In fact, it seemed worse.

I finally convinced her to let me check inside her mouth with a flashlight to see if I could see some teeth coming in and I caught a glimpse of the back of her throat. Super red and swollen with spots. I figured it was probably strep throat. 

I made her an appointment for 9:15 this morning. She's 36 inches tall and 26 lbs. The nurse was finally able to get a swab of her throat, but not without a fight! Goodness! She did not want that done and I can't really blame her. When your throat feels like shards of glass, the last thing you want is a giant stick drug across it. 

JoAnn took one look in her mouth and said it was definitely strep. We picked up her prescription along with some jello, pudding, and a Sonic slush and headed home. We spent the day in bed. I wasn't allowed to leave her side, she barely slept any, cried out all day long, and has hardly had anything to eat or drink. She cries every time she tries to talk. Bless her heart. Strep throat is for the birds!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment