banner

banner

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Little Bedtime Reading

Livy had been tucked away in bed for about 10-15 minutes tonight, and I figured she would've been asleep by that point because I knew how tired she was, but I kept hearing a noise coming from her direction. At first I thought she was trying to sneak down the hall, but Drew said he was pretty sure it was the sound of pages turning, like she was reading a book. I laid in bed watching TV for a while, then I decided to go check on her. When I walked in I found her almost hanging off the bed (hence the drool spot). So I just scooted her over, and when I did, I noticed the book she had been reading... the Bible.
 
She has a basket full of her favorite books beside her bed that we read over and over, and out of all of those options, she chose her Bible. It made me so proud of her... but so ashamed of myself. I don't do nearly enough when it comes to teaching her the stories of the Bible. And I could certainly do better about studying my Bible too. It's so easy to let other things take priority. Tonight made me realize what I already knew... I need to be a better example for her!
 
My, what our children unknowingly teach us!  
 

2 comments:

  1. That is so true! I need to make better use of my time with Ainslee too! I want her to love the stories i grew up on. I think we take it forgranted because we know them and just don't think about it! Ainslee has that same Bible btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how our little princesses we are supposed to be teaching ALWAYS end up teaching us instead!

    ReplyDelete