banner

banner

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Little Sicko


Well, it's day 6 of Livy being sick with what we think is strep throat. Which means I haven't left the house all week. It seems that her new hobby is following me around all day making this nasally whining sound approximately every 12 seconds, probably to remind me that she's sick. Ya know, in case I've somehow forgotten.

I'm so ready for her to feel better because my patience is wearing thin. I hate when she's sick. It really does break my heart. Thankfully she's not running fever anymore, she just can't get over that sore throat! I've tried giving her some lozenges to help soothe the pain, but she insists on chewing them up immediately instead of sucking on them. She hasn't eaten much. Grits, applesauce, macaroni, and lots of ice cream have been the main menu.

"Livy, what do you want for supper tonight?"
"I don't know. Just get whatever you want to get."
"Applesauce?"
"No."
"Ice cream?"
"Umm, yes... I suspect I will."

She suspects she will? What is she? 85? Anyway, we are looking forward to this weekend, a chance to get out of the house! Drew's team is playing a tournament in Hot Springs. I see sunshine, a tan, and maybe a little Hobby Lobby in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment