banner

banner

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Beavers Bend Getaway

Here's a little throwback to our anniversary trip in Oklahoma that Drew surprised me with last year...

 


Guess what?? We're going again! Woo hoo!

On Memorial day when we were laying around the house (doing nothing since Livy was sick) I mentioned that I wanted to do lots of fun stuff this summer. I didn't enjoy anything about last summer since I was so sick the entire summer. Seriously, my morning sickness lasted from June-September so I was miserable during our beach and lake trips. Thank you, Charlotte. So this summer I can't wait to do things. Anything. Just be active. I told Drew I wanted to float a river, go hiking, knee boarding, tubing with Livy, etc.

Tuesday morning, Drew called me from work.

"Hey, I have to ask you something."
"What do you want to do now?" I was thinking he was about to ask permission to go golfing or fishing.
"No, nothing like that. I wanted to ask you if you want to go back to Oklahoma? I found us a really sweet cabin with a pool and hot tub. I also checked into floating the river. The website says it'll take about 4 hours to make it down the river. There's some ATV trails at the State Park too. What do ya say?"
"Yes yes yes!!!"

I love when he plans things out! We're going the last weekend in July while the girls spend a couple nights with Pappy and Annie. I haven't been away from Charlotte for more than a couple hours so I'm sure I'll be a little anxious leading up to that weekend, but I can't wait to spend some time with Drew! Ah, I'm so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment