banner

banner

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blue's Clues

When I was younger, my sister LOVED Blue's Clues. At the time, I was about 9 years old and obviously too mature for a silly show like that. I constantly made fun it (and maybe Lori, too, for liking the show). Anyway... I'm here to make a public apology. I'm sorry for every slandering, degrading remark I ever made about the show, because...


Blue's Clues is awesome.


Really. It is incredibly educational! That has quickly become Olivia's new favorite show. Here are some things that Livy has picked up from the show:


"Hey Mom, can you make paella? It's a Mexican dish that Periwinkle brought to the neighborhood festival. A festival is just like an outside party."


"Charlotte is blinking her eyes! That means she's moistening her eyeballs to keep them wet and clean."


"Dad, did you know that inside your ear you have an eardrum?"
"Ooo, can I play it? Like a drum?"
"No, silly. It's not an instrument. It's an eardrum! And did you know you have people in your eyes? When the light shines on them, they get little, and when the light goes off, they get big!"
"You are so smart, Liv."
"I know, I just learned it on Blue's Clues. And did you know you have tastbugs on your tongue that help you taste food?"


Granted, she has the words a little mixed up, but hey, she's 3! The fact that she knows all of that just blows my mind. I can't wait to see what the next episodes teach her. I'm off to go enroll her for college courses! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment