banner

banner

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bath Doodles

I decided I was actually going to take a nice relaxing soak in the tub tonight. Drew was watching the girls so I grabbed my towel and turned on some steamy hot water. I was in there about 2 minutes when I heard,

"Hey Mom, you taking a bath?"

Sigh. It was a nice two minutes. Two minutes of silence. Two whole minutes all to myself before my little shadow found her way into the bathroom. 

She set her little pink chair right beside the tub so she could watch me take a bath. So lovely. Watching turned into dipping her fingers into the water, which turned into sliding her little toy skateboard down my knees, and before I knew it, she had me singing Disney theme songs under water so she could guess which ones they were. 

Then I heard Drew call,

"Livy! Come here!"
"What Dad?"
"Stay in here with me so Mama can relax."
"But she wants me in there."
"No, just let her enjoy her bath."
"Dad, she really wants me in there and I already put my chair in there so I'm not giving up!"

I hollered to Drew that it was fine. I had long since given up hope for a relaxing bath anyway. Then Livy came back. 

"Daddy said I couldn't come in here but I told him I'm not giving up."
"It's ok. Go tell Dad that I like hanging out with my daughter."
"Who's your daughter?"
"You are, silly!"
"Oh me? I am? Ok!"

I could hear her relaying the message. 

"Mom said she likes hanging out with her daughter and that's me. I'm her daughter."

Then, naturally, she asked to get in with me. Why not. It was the only logical thing to do at that point. We spent the next few minutes drawing on the bathtub with her crayons. 

I wrote Mama❤️Olivia so then she wanted to write Thanks and then I was   instructed to write You're welcome. It's all about manners. Then we drew a turtle, a duck, a cat, and Blue and Steve from Blue's Clues. 


Obviously it wasn't what I had planned but it really was fun spending time with her. I don't always get that one-on-one time with her like I used to so it's nice when we do. I love that silly little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment