banner

banner

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pretty Like a Necklace

Well, it's that time of year again... when softball starts to creep back into our lives. I love it. I love watching Drew play. There's just something about seeing him do something he's really good at, and knowing that that's my husband... it just makes me proud! I just love him. Ok, enough mushiness.

Anyway, Saturday, Drew played a tournament in Hope so we were at the ball field all day. The sun was out, mid-70's, with a light breeze... it was perfect! We got to catch up with some old friends and even made some new ones. It was a great day!

When we first got there, Drew was still out at the truck unloading all his stuff, and I had to take Livy to the potty. As we were walking towards the fields, she said,
"Whoaa! Look at all these boys!"
Haha! Girl, you are way too young to start that already!

Drew's team ended up placing 2nd in the tourney, and after the game Livy wanted to give her daddy a high-5. He met her at the fence, she gave him a high-5 and said,
"You did so good, Daddy! Two points!!!"
We all laughed. I asked her where she learned about points and she said,
"I watch basketball at Pappy and Annie's house!"
She's such a little sponge! She soaks everything right up!

She always wants to ride on his bag after the game... if I fit, I'd want to ride too!
 
This is just the sweetest picture. Drew will do whatever Livy wants him to... there's no shame in his game!
Baby doll and all :)
 
Who's the lousy mom who forgot to pack her daughter a jacket?! Me! So we made do with one of Drew's shirts.
She thought it was cool to wear a ball shirt like Daddy.
 
Even Kitty likes to watch Daddy play ball!
 
This little girl is the best. She played all day, just content as could be. She is so easy-going!
Then last night after church, Calvary had a scrimmage game against First Baptist. Livy saw a little girl who was a little younger than her and wanted to go say hi. I told her that was fine, but just to say hi and come right back. I watched her run over there thinking she'd just literally say hi and turn around and leave. But no, not my child. She walks up to the girl and gives her a huge hug! I'm sure that girl's mom was thinking who is this strange little girl hugging my daughter?! Livy never meets a stranger! Especially with kids. She thinks everyone is her friend.

She eventually came running back to our side of the bleachers and said,
"Mama, I told her hi!"
"Good, that was sweet of you."
"Yea... she's pretty like a necklace, but she's not a necklace."

Where does she get this stuff? That's the best pick-up line I've ever heard!


No comments:

Post a Comment