banner

banner

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ponte Vedra Vacation


So, tomorrow's the day. The day I've been dreading and looking forward to! We're leaving tomorrow afternoon to go stay the night with Brad and Abby, and then we'll fly out first thing Thursday morning for the Sawgrass Resort in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Too bad it's a Volvo Rents vacation, or Livy Lou would be tagging along. I'm really tempted to just stuff her in my carry-on bag. I'm sure she's way under the weight limit... it could work!

I am super sick about leaving my girl. Last year when we went on our vacation, I was most worried about being away from her for so long. She was still so young and I wasn't sure she would understand. This year, we'll be able to talk with her on the phone (and actually have a conversation) so I'm not really as worried about that... I'm more worried about the flying. I hate flying. Always have. I guess I'm just a chicken! So all these horrid thoughts keep flashing through my mind. Like what if our plane goes down, we die, and Livy's an orphan?? (Julie, does our agreement still stand?!) LOL I know it's terribly stupid, but I just can't help but be a little anxious until we're on solid ground again!

I racked up in the $1 section of Target yesterday, so I got Livy some little surprises to open every day that we're gone. And the cards will help her count down the days until we get to see her again!

With that being said, I'm so excited about getting to spend time with Drew. We're definitely that couple who still enjoys our alone time... we sneak in a date night every chance we get! It's awesome being married to my best friend. And knowing he loves me even more now than when I was barely 15, skinny, and could still rock a bikini... well, that makes it even better! :) Because those bikini days are long gone!
Last year's Volvo Rents vacation at Sugar Bay Resort in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. That place will be hard to beat! It was amazing!

I didn't want to tell Livy too early that we were leaving because I knew she'd be way too excited about getting to stay with Pappy and Annie, so we held off until tonight. And here's how it went:

"Livy, did you know that Mama and Daddy are gonna go fly on an airplane? And you get to stay with Pappy and Annie for 4 nights! Won't that be fun?"
*Gasp* "Yeaa!!! ...Aww I miss you!"
"Oh, I'm gonna miss you too! A whole bunch!"
*She grabbed my cheeks* "It ok, Mama. I'll see you in a minute."
"Aww, thank you."
"You're the biggest tower I've ever seen!!!"
^^ Umm, I'm gonna pretend that didn't mean what it sounded like!

Then later, when I was putting her in bed, I thought I'd bring it up again... just to make sure she understood:
"You'll have to say your prayers for Mama and Daddy while we're gone, ok?"
"Ok. I will."
"Do you remember where Mama and Daddy are going? On a..."
"Airpane!"
"That's right! And we're gonna miss you!"
"Let me get my map..."
*Reached behind her head (like Dora), and she unrolled a map*
"Hmm, let's see... where do we go first? First, we go to Walmart."
*Really trying to hold back my laughter* "We do? Then where do we go?"
"First, we go to Walmart. Then to the airpane!"

Oh, I'm gonna miss her so much! But she just makes coming home so much sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment