banner

banner

Monday, April 15, 2013

All About Aunt Lori

This post is all about Aunt Lori!

My sister is not one who enjoys being the center of attention. I think that's why we've always made a good team. When we were little, we were constantly creating dance and synchronized swimming routines, music videos, recitals, plays, etc. I was always the one with no shame. I'd get out in front, be silly, and make a fool of myself. Lori, on the other hand, was always the mastermind behind the scenes. Sometimes, I could convince her to join me, but she was much more comfortable with a smaller "side job." But in this post, she's getting all the attention, like it or not! Because she deserves the recognition!

When she was 13, she moved to White Hall with my parents. Away from me. I was in college so I stayed in Magnolia, but she was just in Jr. High and had no choice in the matter. Until she moved, we had always been close. We shared clothes, shoes, make-up and hair supplies, etc. We even moved my bed into her room so we could turn my old room into our very own "walk-in closet!" So when she moved, it was hard. But I know she had it a lot harder than I did. She had to start a brand new school, make all new friends... basically start from scratch. I've always admired her for being able to do that.

Then she graduated from High School with honors and started college at UCA. Without a doubt, she has excelled in all her classes. I always pick on her for being so dedicated to her studies, but clearly I should've been more like her in college! :) I changed my major 3 times, while she has always been the girl with a plan. She's known from day one what she wanted to do and has followed that plan exactly.

She had an interview last Thursday at Baptist in Little Rock in hopes of getting into the Medical Technology program there. We helped her pick out a new cute, but very business-like, outfit just for the interview, and she even studied all 25 possible interview questions so she'd be prepared. When she left, they told her she might know something by the next week. The very next morning I got a text from her that said Baptist had already called her back, and she got accepted! I never had a doubt in my mind because when she sets out to do something, she will practice and prepare for it until she has it down-right perfect. Obviously, it didn't take them long to decide that their Med Tech program needed a smart, dedicated, hard working student like Lori Monk. We are so thrilled for her! Now we get to relax on the beach in June before she starts school in July!

The last several months have not been easy for her, but her faith in the Lord has never wavered! She's such a great role model for my sweet Olivia, and I am so proud to call her my sister!


Here are a few pictures from our celebration supper Friday night:









And here are just some random pictures of my beautiful sister:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Did I mention she cut off her hair to donate it to Locks of Love?
 
...and she ran a HALF MARATHON!!!
 
 
 We love you so much, Aunt Lori!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment