banner

banner

Monday, April 8, 2013

Heavy Jesus

Last night was pretty bad... we hardly slept at all. We're trying to keep Livy in her bed, and break her from the habit of climbing in our bed in the middle of the night. We were making progress until Drew and I had to go out of town this weekend. I guess one night away from home made her completely forget everything... that goes for sleeping and obeying. It has definitely been interesting around here since we all got back home. I think my sweet little girl is still at Pappy and Annie's house somewhere, and we brought home her crazy evil twin! Hopefully, this screaming-fit-throwing phase will pass as quickly as it arrived!

One funny moment from last night's nightmare struggle... she was standing in the middle of her room, with her over sized t-shirt and hair pulled up in a messy bun (she still looked as cute as ever) screaming and crying! I walked in and told her to get back in bed and lay down. She was so upset she could barely talk, but between gasps of air she said,
"But... I'm... happy... now!"
I said, "Uhh, I don't think you're happy. Now get back in bed." She replied,
"But... I'm... really... really... happy!"
What do you say to that?! She always finds a way to make me laugh!

This morning I was talking to her about how ugly she was acting last night. I reassured her that she can sleep in her bed by herself, and I expected her to go to sleep without screaming tonight. I also explained to her that it makes Mama and Daddy very sad when she disobeys. Here's how the conversation went:

"Livy, when you don't mind Mama and Daddy it makes us very sad, and it also makes Jesus sad."
"It makes Jesus sad?"
"Yes, Jesus wants you to mind Mama and Daddy."
"But... Jesus is so heavy to me."
"What? Why?"
'Because I just can't carry Him. He's too heavy to me."
"Baby, you don't have to carry Jesus. Jesus carries you!"
"Jesus loves me?"
"Yes, He loves you a lot!"
"Aww, I want to see Jesus tomorrow."
"Well, we probably won't see Him tomorrow. He lives in heaven with God, remember?"
"But it would make me happy. I want to see Him tomorrow at 4 o'clock... ok, ok?"

Wouldn't that be awesome? If we could just set up an appointment and visit with Jesus? I love how little minds think! Here's to hoping tonight will be better! :)

Who could stay mad at this cutie pie?? I just love her!





No comments:

Post a Comment