banner

banner

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Party Pooper

*Warning*
This post will get down to business. No pun intended.

For the longest time, Livy had no intentions of ever using the potty. None. Zero. So I didn't push it... uhh, force it... uhh (ok, this is going to be difficult!) I didn't pressure her into being potty trained. Everyone said that it would happen when she was ready. So I waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, I just said That's it! I kept seeing all these moms on Facebook who claimed that their 18 month olds were "officially" potty trained, and I thought If they can do it, so can mine! I put her in panties while we were at home, and in the beginning she had a ton of accidents! I got a little frustrated, not with her, but with myself because I had no idea what I was doing. I'd never potty trained anyone before! Well, except for Zoe, but that doesn't really count... I'd just put her outside. So I'd never potty trained a human before. But after lots of bribing with peanut M&Ms and a princess potty that sings, the day came... the day she finally went in the potty. There was lots of squealing and hollering and woohoo-ing! ...and Livy was pretty excited too. I remember she said,
"That was fun! I wanna dude it again!"


She still had a few accidents here and there... times that she was super busy playing and just forgot she didn't have a diaper on anymore. But she never would poop! As she sat on the potty, she would say,
"I'm too scared to poop. It too scary!"
We tried our hardest to convince her it wasn't scary. But she would not give in. She would hold it in for days... days! Drew even told her if she pooped in the potty, we would buy her a birthday cake and let her blow out candles! Still nothing.

Then yesterday, it happened! She finally did it! I even took a picture and sent it to Drew to prove it. (I will not be posting that picture. Ha!) So last night we had a Potty Party complete with cake and candles! We're so proud of our little panty-wearing, potty-loving, Livy Lou!

She also got to pick out some very subtle fingernails from Wal-Mart... nothing too flashy...
 

The chef outfit has nothing to do with the Potty Party, she just likes to dress up :)

And she also requested that the cake have 4 candles...

 







1 comment: