banner

banner

Thursday, August 8, 2013

14 Week Check-Up

14 weeks
Heartbeat: 160
-4 lbs

We go back at 18 weeks on September 5th, and we'll get to see our growing baby! The last time we had an ultrasound, I was only 7 weeks along so our baby didn't really look like much more than a blob. So I can't wait to see the little face and fingers and toes! 

I was so excited Livy got to go with us today. I love letting her be part of the process. We talk about the baby all the time, but I know it's hard for her to really understand what all it means. I had told her before the appointment that we'd get to hear the baby's heartbeat. So when we heard the sweet little sound, Livy said,
"That sounds just like a barking dog!"

After our appointment today, we went to Arby's for lunch because I thought it sounded really good at the time. I took a few bites of my sandwich, ate some fries, and had to take off running for the bathroom! Thankfully, I made it just in time to throw up everything I had just eaten. 

Then once we got home, I started some laundry, planned out our grocery list (which is super hard when every recipe you look at makes you want to puke!), loaded and unloaded a truck full of groceries, and walked down the road with Liv so she could drive her new car. By the time I made supper and it was time to eat, I couldn't even bare to look at it. 

Dr. Watson said she wanted me to gain those 4 lbs back by my next appointment, but as long as my appetite stays like this I'm not sure I'll be able to do it!? 

On the bright side... I definitely look pregnant now! I love it! It's so much more fun getting dressed when you have a cute baby bump. I can't wait until I can feel the baby moving around. That was my favorite part about being pregnant with Olivia. It seems like time is really starting to fly by now... While I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy, I cannot wait until February!

No comments:

Post a Comment