banner

banner

Monday, August 12, 2013

Yipsticks

Olivia has developed a new love... Yipstick!

Saturday morning I had gotten Livy dressed because we were going shopping in Texarkana. When she was ready she said,
"I'm gonna put my yipsticks on so I'll yook yike a yady!"

I was in my bathroom getting my makeup on and fixing my hair when she came in and said,
"Mom, do you want some of my yipsticks?"
"No, that's ok. I have some. But thank you."
"Well I'm gonna go get em just in case."
"Ok baby."
"No, call me yady."
"Oh, ok yady."


It started out with the princess chap sticks and lip glosses that she got for her birthday, but she has quickly graduated to Mom's real hot pink lipstick. The lip glosses were fine because they just made her lips (and the surrounding mouth area) really shiny. But the hot pink lipstick is more like lip stain!

I'm not a lipstick lover. I have one nude color that I wear occasionally... Like maybe to church or on dates with my super handsome husband! But really, I don't even like to wear it then. My hair gets stuck to it, it clumps up, and no one likes to kiss in lipstick! Yuck! The other lipstick I have is the hot pink one and the only reason I have it is because I wore it at Halloween once. 

Sunday afternoon I was trying to work on some art projects, Drew had just gotten home from playing an all weekend softball tournament and he was napping, so Livy was pretty much on her own. She asked me if she could play in my makeup and I said sure. Normally she only plays with my makeup brushes so I didn't think much about it. 

When it was time for me to leave for choir practice, I went in our room to get dressed and discovered this...



I told Drew just to use her wipes to clean it off before he brought her to church. 

Six o'clock rolled around, we started singing hymns, and they still weren't there. I started getting a little worried... Then they slid in the pew beside me. I took one look at Livy and almost laughed out loud!!! She still had the smeared lipstick all over her mouth! Drew said he tried to clean it, but it wouldn't come off! So she came to church looking like a clown. She slept during the entire service across mine and Drew's laps, and I would giggle every time I looked down at her. 

What a precious angel... With hot pink lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment