banner

banner

Monday, August 26, 2013

First Kick

I am 17 weeks today! My next appointment is a week from Thursday. I can't wait to see our little one on the ultrasound. 

I've been feeling little flutters since last week. Not many, and nothing major. Just tiny tingles. Thinking back, I don't remember feeling those first little flutters with Livy. I'm sure I just didn't realize what they were at the time. But with this pregnancy, I feel like I'm more willing to pay attention to details because I know how fast it passes by... And before I know it, my baby will be 3 years old. Just like this girl...


Tonight, Liv and I were hanging out in the living room watching a movie. I was laying in the recliner, and I pressed my hand against my stomach (as I often do... just to see if I can feel anything). All of a sudden I felt the baby kick my fingers. As soon as it happened, my heart skipped a beat and I let out an "Ahh!" 

There's nothing like feeling that movement inside. Occasionally, I'll start to have doubts that everything is fine. Once bitten, twice shy I guess? So feeling that kick is such a relief. 

Thank you, God, for Your wonderful little blessings... And for giving me the reminders I so often need. I can't help but smile when I think of all You've done for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment