banner

banner

Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Susie Homemakers

This morning Livy crawled in bed with me about 7:30, I covered her up, kissed her, and she went right back to sleep. I checked my Facebook and saw all of the "back-to-school" pictures. I wanted to cry! I kept glancing over at my sleeping beauty, who I get to spend every single day with, and the thought of her leaving me to go to school was so overwhelming!


Drew and I have pros and cons for both public school and homeschooling. We haven't made up our minds about where Livy will go to school, but I'm so glad we still have a few years to figure all of that out. But the thought of not getting to spend all day with her really makes me want to lean towards homeschooling! 

All of this made me realize I need to make the most of my time that I do have with her... Especially before the baby arrives. And since I've been feeling so much better lately, Livy and I decided to be Little Susie Homemakers today. I was planning out tonight's supper (yes, I'm actually going to cook!) and decided to try out a homemade biscuit recipe. I asked her if she wanted to come help me make them and she replied,
"Umm, not yet..."
"Ok, well, I'll be in the kitchen."

A couple minutes later, she came running in the kitchen and announced,
"I'm ready to make biscuits now!"


Duh!? Silly me... I should've known one can't make biscuits without one's tutu on! 

We made the dough, rolled them out, and put them in the freezer until tonight. Livy had so much fun helping!
 


We had country fried pork chops, bacon green beans, roasted garlic potatoes, and the biscuits. I had all intentions of taking a picture of dinner to prove that I can cook, but we gobbled it all up as soon as it hit our plates. Even Drew was impressed... and that takes a lot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment