banner

banner

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Midnight Ramblings

Livy had an exciting day yesterday. Drew and I had to be in Shreveport early that morning so Annie had volunteered to come watch Livy while we were gone. 

Livy had gotten sick the day before, had a bad cough, and was breathing really short shallow breaths so I called first thing yesterday morning and made her a doctors appointment for 1:15. While we were in Shreveport, Pappy and Annie called and said they were taking Livy to the ER because she was having such a hard time breathing. Her little chest was pumping so hard. So of course, a little panic set in for Drew and me. We were an hour and a half away!!! We raced back home as soon as we could, met them at the hospital, and then took her to her doctors appointment to follow up with what medicines she needed to start on. Her doctor looked at the chest X-ray and thought that Livy's right side looked a little questionable... like possible pneumonia. So she prescribed medications to treat it as if it was pneumonia. While we were there, they gave Livy another breathing treatment, and she did so wonderful! She sat up on that exam table all by herself! Livy has never been a "sick child" but lately she's had this same problem of difficult breathing. Her doctor said if this problem continues, we may have to get her tested for allergies/asthma. Hopefully all this will clear up soon and that won't be necessary! 

She had her hands in her "pockets"... the girl loves pretending she has pockets like Daddy!
 
Goofy! Can you tell she was running fever? No? Me either... She's wild!

She said she looked like an elephant.

Poor Drew has been working such long hours this past week. Between going to bed super late, waking up super early, and getting up and down with Livy during the night he hasn't gotten much sleep lately. So when he woke me up last night and asked if I would switch out with him and go lay down with Livy, I felt terrible. I didn't even know he had been up with her! When I walked in, this is what she said:

"No, I want daddy!"
"Baby, daddy is sleepy. I'm gonna lay down with you for a little while."
"But daddy's helping me look for my mother."
"I'm right here, baby."
"No, I can't find my mother!"
"Livy, I'm your mother. You know that."
"No, you're mama."
"Well then who is your mother?"
"Punzel's mama."
"Rapunzel's mama? Mother Gothel??"
"Yea! I can't find her!?"

And then a little later she rubbed my back and said,
"Aww, you're doing a good job, mama!"
I guess she thinks I'm a good sleeper? 

Even when she's sick, she is just the funniest little thing! I can't even put into words how much Drew and I love her. There's lots of times that we just sit around staring at her and laughing. Everything she does is just precious!





No comments:

Post a Comment