banner

banner

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blossom Festival

This weekend our little ballerina made her big debut at the Blossom Festival! If she has practiced her ballet routine once, she has practiced it a hundred times! She loves it, and I'm so thankful. I never had a doubt in my mind that she wouldn't get up there and dance her little heart out... until we had to wait for 30 minutes in the blazing hot sun! Then I got a little nervous.
 
Bless their hearts, the girls were so hot in those costumes and tights, they were sweaty which made their costumes itchy... it was just not good conditions for anyone to dance, much less 2 and 3 year olds! But Livy was a champ! She patiently waited her turn while I continually bribed her with promises of face paint and bouncy houses (normally I'm not a fan of bribery... I'm a strong believer in you do it because I said so). But standing in that blazing sun, I made an exception.
 
When it was her turn to dance, she did everything she was supposed to! Let me just tell you I thought my heart was going to burst with pride! Everything was going smoothly until one of Livy's little friends stole her bunny... then I thought surely that was it. There was going to be a huge meltdown and she would be done. But I was wrong! After proudly announcing that that was her bunny, she took it back, and finished her routine with a smile on her face! It was the funniest thing!
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment