banner

banner

Friday, May 24, 2013

I Thought You Were Happy?

Before I begin this story I'd like to share a little fact about Livy Lou. Whenever I get on to her for doing something wrong, she always comes back with,
"But but, I love to ___________!" (whatever that may be)

So tonight, she had been laying in bed with her daddy watching TV while I was finishing up a few things on the computer. She walked in the office and told me she needed to potty, so I sent her to the bathroom... like I always do. She has mastered using her stool to climb up on the potty, wipe, flush, and pull her pants back up all by herself. So I didn't think another thing about it. Then a few seconds later I heard,
"Mama! Come look!"

I walked in her bathroom and she pointed at the floor.
"What did you do?"
"I just tee-tee'd on the floor!"
"Why did you do that???"
"Because I love to tee-tee on the floor!"
"No you don't! No one loves to tee-tee on the floor!  I cannot believe you just did that. Is that good or bad?"
"Bad..."
"Livy you know better than that! This has made me so sad!"
(with tears building up) "But but, I thought you were happy??"
"No ma'am, this has made me so sad."

Then I saw it coming. It was like slow motion, and it was funny and pitiful all at the same time. Her little face started to squish up, tears started rolling down her cheeks, and I could tell she was devastated that I wasn't happy with her. It breaks my heart when I have to get on to her! I guess Livy has spoiled me because honestly, there are very few times a day that I have to correct her. She's so sweet and caring, and she always wants to make me happy. She is definitely a people pleaser!

Earlier tonight we were playing UNO Moo with her. We had been playing for a while when Drew got stuck and couldn't play. Livy immediately handed her last piece to her daddy and said,
"Here ya go, Daddy. You can have mine!"

I thought it was so sweet. She was willing to lose the game just so her Daddy could win. I just love her thoughtful caring heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment