banner

banner

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Funny Mix Ups

I'm dedicating this post to all of the funny things Livy gets a little mixed up on. She has been on a roll lately making us laugh. I'm sure this will be a post I'll have to continue adding on to because no doubt, there will be lots more funnies to come!

Skateboard
I'm pretty sure Livy is going to be quite the artist! It may just be my biased opinion, but I think her skills are beyond most 2 year old scribbles. She loves to draw on her skateboard (dry-erase board). Today she said:
"I'm gonna go draw you a picture on my skateboard."
"Ok Livy."
A little while later, she came running up to me...
"Mom, come look at my picture! I drew a mouse!"

This is her mouse.
This is the daddy mouse and baby mouse. She proudly told me "these mouses have bodies."
 Hangburger
Tonight we ate Sonic with the Carters after AWANA. Drew had gone to hit softballs after church, so when we all got home I was trying to fill Drew in on our day:
Me- "Liv, tell daddy what you ate for supper."
"A hangburger!" (hamburger)
Drew- "Wow! A hamburger? I'm jealous."
"No, the name's hangburger. Not jammin."
Drew- "Haha, not jammin... jealous."
"No daddy, hangburger!"
(They were getting nowhere quick!)

Bizzy
Whenever Livy gets dizzy, she calls it bizzy. Last night we were leaving the softball games, driving behind the field, which is the bumpiest ride in Magnolia. You have to just barely creep along, and even then you still get thrown all around because of the potholes. So we were making our way down that drive, and Livy said:
"Whoa! Dad, you're making me bizzy!"
"You're dizzy? Just hold on, we're almost off this road."
Once we were on the main road again...
"Shew! No more bizzin' now!"

Hiney Talking
This has got to be one of the funniest things she says. Every time she lets a little toot slip out, she gets this super surprised look on her face and says,
"Uh-oh! My hiney's talkin again!"
Last night, on the same ride home from the softball games, she tooted in the truck, followed it up with her usual line, and then added this one:
"I just don't want my hiney to keep talkin!"
We crack up every time!!!

Yucky Turtles
I picked up a couple of Sesame Street sing/read-a-long books with CD's from the Dollar Tree last week. On the Abby Cadabby CD, there's a section all about rhyming words, and they sing a few nursery rhymes. One of those songs is Yankee Doodle. Livy learned that song really quick (I think she likes it because it talks about macaroni!) but she doesn't quite call it Yankee Doodle... she calls it Yucky Turtles. Yep, Yucky Turtles.



Baa Baa Black Girl
Ok, I know this sounds super racist, but I promise it's not! :)

Livy always likes to change up songs to sing different versions. For example, on one trip to see Gran, Livy wanted us to sing
-Baa Baa Daddy Sheep
-Baa Baa Mama Sheep
-Baa Baa Livy Sheep
about a million times!!!

A couple of weeks ago, she went with me to a doctor's appointment, and I had told her all about how we had to be quiet when the doctor came in. I had given her my phone to keep her occupied. While we were waiting for him to come in, Livy started waving my phone around singing,
"The itsy bitsy phone went up the water spout..."

So you get the point... she likes to make up her own songs!

Yesterday, we were on our way to church and she said,
"Hey Mama, guess what?"
"What Liv?"
"I have a new song!"
"You do? What is it?"
"It's called Baa Baa Black Girl."
(very curious) "Oh really... and where did you learn this song?"
"I just learned it at my little church!"

I'm still not sure where she came up with this, but she sang it several times last night, and I giggled every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment