banner

banner

Monday, January 12, 2015

Be My Baby

Somehow I'm constantly amazed at the things Charlotte does... like I haven't raised a little girl before? With Olivia, I remember I was always getting her to try new stuff and pushing her to do the next thing... crawling, walking, talking, etc. But with Charlotte, I've found myself just wanting her to "be my baby."
 
Sometimes I start to feel bad about it - like I'm somehow giving her the short end of the stick. But then I snap back to reality and realize she is doing just fine!
 
Today I left her playing in the living room while I went to the bedroom to start sorting out the laundry. When I came back in the room I found her sitting in the Minnie Mouse chair, with a bracelet on, and playing with her baby doll. It was like I was looking at a toddler. I couldn't believe my eyes!
 





She is really growing up too fast! I miss her being my newborn, but at the same time it is so nice now that she's getting older. Just this past week, she's really started playing with Livy. She follows her everywhere and wants to do everything Livy does. And thankfully, Livy is usually very good at obliging. It definitely makes my life a little easier. I'm able to get things done, like laundry, dishes, and just general cleaning. They'll play in the playroom together for a really long time!

I'm so thankful for my girls, and looking forward to Charlotte's big birthday party in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment