banner

banner

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Funny Flower Girl


My little girl walked down the aisle Saturday. And I cried. Because she's just so darn cute. 

But one day she'll walk down the aisle beside her dad. And I'll cry again. Because it'll be bittersweet. 

But let's not borrow tomorrow's worries... for now I'm just laughing!

Olivia had the absolute best time last weekend at Elizabeth and Ty's wedding. In fact, she keeps asking if we can go back to the place where we did the choo-choo train dance (I'll get to the reception in a moment). I tried explaining that it was a one-time thing but she doesn't quite get it. 

A couple days before the wedding I showed her a video from YouTube of what a flower girl is supposed to do. She immediately went to her room, got all dressed up, grabbed her Easter basket and began practicing sprinkling toys around her room. It was pretty cute! 


Friday at noon she and I went to the bridal luncheon and she got to dress up. She thought she was something else hanging out with all the pretty bridesmaids. 


That night was the rehearsal. She and Katie, the other flower girl, were instant friends. Katie was very sweet to Livy and held her hand when they walked down the stairs. 

 

After the rehearsal we all drove to West Shore for the dinner. It's hard to believe that it's already been over 6 years since Drew and I were having our own rehearsal, and now here we are with 2 kids. Life just keeps getting better! Disclaimer* I could go on and on about my love for that man but I'll try to keep this post about the wedding. :)


We had to be at the church by 4:00 Saturday afternoon for pictures. She had a blast getting all dolled up. I curled her hair and even let her wear a teeny bit of blush and lip gloss. 


Doesn't every girl stare at herself in the mirror while she eats crackers?



When it got close to show time, I left Livy with the bridal party and found my seat beside Drew. I was really hoping Charlotte would just sleep through the whole wedding. I was so nervous that she would be too noisy. And sure enough... as soon as the music started for the family to walk down the aisle to be seated, Charlotte started to fuss. Thankfully, I was able to bounce her back to sleep and she was perfect, but boy was I nervous!

The bridesmaids took their places on the stage and then it was time for my girl to walk down the aisle. Everyone turned around to look at them (and the bride, of course) and Livy caught a glimpse of her favorite people and whispered, "Pappy, Annie!!!" They were seated right behind us and we all giggled a little. She began to walk down the aisle grinning from ear to ear, sprinkling flower petals as she went. She took her place on stage as the beautiful bride entered the room.

During the prayer, I kept one eye on Livy to make sure she was behaving. While everyone else had their heads bowed and eyes closed, our daughter was steadily dropping one flower petal on the floor. She'd pick it back up and drop it again. I elbowed Drew and we both got tickled. Then she set her bucket down and practically sprawled out on the floor.




After the prayer I shook my head at her hoping she'd understand that I was trying to tell her to be still. She then puckered out her lips and held her fisted hands behind her doing her "mad face." Then we all got tickled. I thought I better leave well enough alone. Too bad there's not a picture of that one!

Then as the bride and groom shared in their first kiss, such a special moment... our daughter was staring at the boo-boo on her elbow. Ha! I'm telling you... she lives in her own little world!


Then it was over. Thankfully, for Livy's sake, it was short and sweet. They all walked back down the aisle and she even sprinkled more flower petals on the way out.

Then it was time for the real party. Livy couldn't wait to go dancing! And that she did. She danced the ENTIRE night. On the stage. In front of the DJ. Everyone got a kick out of her and her dance moves. She had the best time!


It was such a FUN wedding! Elizabeth is just a sweetheart. I've known her since she was 5 years old. She was my little sister's best friend growing up, and I think I spent more time with them than I did kids my own age. We were always coming up with productions, recitals, and other wild ideas. She even sang at my wedding, so it was such an honor for Livy to be her flower girl. We were so glad we got to be a part of her special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment