banner

banner

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Sweet Olivia


Pretty soon I will have three loves in my life. It's a little hard to believe since this time last year we were still going through fertility treatments. Though Drew was always confident, there were times when I was convinced that Olivia was going to be an only child. 

And look at us now. About to welcome another sweet baby into this world. No longer will I be the only one who gets to enjoy the gentle rolls and sometimes violent jabs that this baby gives. I'll get to share this baby with my family. I'll get to watch Olivia interact with her new little brother or sister. I'll get to watch Drew become a daddy all over again. I'll get to watch Zoe learn to tolerate yet another Baker baby.

But before all of these changes take place, I want to acknowledge my sweet daughter for all she is before she becomes a big sister. 

My sweet Olivia,
You are truly one of a kind. I've never met a three year old who is as unselfish as you are. You care about everyone around you and have a heart of gold. You have a huge imagination, and I love hearing of all the fanciful stories and ideas you come up with. You're so caring, kind, and sweet, and these are just some of the reasons I'm so proud to be your mother. 

I love the way you... 

...dance and sing to every song like you're a Disney princess in your own movie. 

...call for your daddy to get a caterpillar out of the house, but demand that he set the caterpillar down outside VERY gently so it won't get hurt. 

...come into our room after you've been tucked in bed just because you need one more hug and kiss. 

...say, "Mom, pause this movie so I can go put my tutu on!"

...can't stand for your friends to get in trouble, so you come to their defense no matter what they've done. 

...squeeze mine and Daddy's faces together and say, "I couldn't do it without all my friends... I'll never forget you!"

...think no one's name is complete until it is underlined. 

...say, "Oh, I hope he's gonna be ok!" every time a football player gets hurt in a game.

...think that any spare change you find is money for Jesus. 

...wish every store/restaurant we go in will be decorated for the correct holiday. 

...think it's hilarious to hide under your dirty clothes hamper and follow me around the house. 

...get right in my belly button and say, "Hello! Wake up, baby! It's me... Olivia... The sister!!"

...want to be an instrument player when you grow up and play the "tu-BAH".

But most importantly, I love you for being you. You'll always be my sweet princess, my first born, the one who taught me to love unconditionally, the one I miss even when you're right next to me, the one who holds such a special place in my heart.

Love you always,
Mama


1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! I'm so happy for you and Drew. I can't wait to find out what Baby Baker is :) Livy is going to make such an amazing big sister!!!

    ReplyDelete