banner

banner

Friday, January 24, 2014

38 Week Check-Up

38 weeks
Heartbeat: 150-155
+1 lbs

I only gained a pound this week bringing the total to 23 pounds in all. I'm pretty pumped about that. Less I'll have to work off after baby is here! 

She said the heart rate was about 150, but when the baby started moving around it jumped up to 155. 

She said I'm 1cm dilated but my cervix is softened up and ready to go. She said I would probably dilate pretty quickly once contractions pick up. She also said that because I have a "pretty significantly good sized baby" (her words, not mine!) that I don't have to wait until my due date to induce labor. I really did not want to be induced again, but I also don't want to be pushing out a 10 pounder! 

We go back next Wednesday and we could have a baby as early as Thursday! She's basically leaving it up to us to pick the date, which us not as easy as it sounds! All along, my due date was February 3rd, but if we induce next Thursday we'll have a January baby. So which month should we pick? What date? What's easiest to remember? So many decisions! 

We're just going to wait and see what's happening next Wednesday at my appointment and then we'll go from there. 

How excited am I??? I can't even put it into words! I can't wait to see who this baby is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment