banner

banner

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

5 minutes!

 
On Valentine's day, Drew and I wanted to go out, but we were contemplating whether or not to take the girls. On one hand, we'd get to spend the evening as a family, and on the other, Drew and I would get to have some alone time... maybe even get crazy and catch a movie?! I kept asking Drew's opinion on what he wanted to do and he said, "It doesn't matter. It's a win win for me!" How sweet.

We decided to take the girls with us. I wasn't quite ready to be away from Charlotte, so we had a nice little family date for Valentine's day. I wanted to do just a little shopping before we ate dinner. The next day was going to be Charlotte's first time at church, and it was also the day of her baby shower so I wanted to get the girls a new outfit. Livy picked out a super cute hot pink dress at Target and I was able to find a matching dress for Charlotte.

Then we went to Olive Garden. We knew it would probably be a long wait, and it was, but we hadn't had it in a very long time and it sounded so good! We had to wait about 45 minutes, and thankfully, the girls were excellent. Charlotte slept the whole time and Livy was a trooper.

After we ate, we were waiting for our check, and Livy kept saying,

"I'm ready to go!"
"We will in just a little bit. We have to wait on our ticket so we can pay."
"But my pets (Palace Pets) are calling for me!"
"We'll go in just a few minutes."

Then she turns in her seat, cups her hands over her mouth and hollers,
"FIVE MINUTES!!!!"

Drew and I just stared at each other trying not to laugh. Drew asked,
"What are you doing??"
"I'm just telling my pets 5 more minutes."

Hilarious. And a little embarrassing.

Then she does it again before we can stop her.
"FIVE MINUTES!!!!"
"Livy, baby, don't holler at your pets. We'll go see them in the truck as soon as we pay."
"But Mom, if they don't hurry, 5 minutes is gonna turn into 7!"

Smarty pants!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment