banner

banner

Friday, November 8, 2013

Update on the Baby's Room

I've slowly been working on the baby's room. It took me a while to get started. I had my eye on that fabric in Hobby Lobby for a long time, so I bought it a while back. At the time I was super excited about it and couldn't wait to get started on it. Then I let it sit there, and I started to doubt myself. Was this really what I wanted my baby's room to look like? But it was too late, I had already spent the money on that fabric, so there was no turning back.
 
I eventually drug my sewing machine out and started working on it. I did the bumper first. *Disclaimer: Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing. So it's definitely not perfect, but as long as you don't look too closely, it'll work. I made the crib skirt next, and finally some pillows. I gotta say, I just guessed how much fabric I was going to need when I bought it, and it turned out to be just what I needed! 


I made some pillow cases for some old Pier1 pillows that I don't use anymore.

The initials (CEB) will go in the frame above the crib. When I bought them, Hobby Lobby didn't have a B in the store, so I'm waiting for it to be delivered... any day now!


I've still got quite a bit to do, but I absolutely love the way it's turning out. I'm so glad I didn't change my mind! I will admit though, it's looking a little more on the boyish side to me, but I figured it'll be a lot easier to "girl it up" if we need to, than the other way around. Oh, I can't wait to meet who we're bringing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment