banner

banner

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Don't Be Mad

Let me start out by saying I LOVE looking at Christmas lights. I would keep them up all year if it wasn't frowned upon...

But I HATE dealing with them. 

Nothing can get your blood pressure up like some Christmas lights! Drew hates them even more than I do, so when they quit working, it's all up to me to fix them. If it was his decision he would trash them all! So after I had put all of our decorations up, I came home one night to half the lights burned out around the front door and half the lights burned out on the garland above the fireplace. It would be a lot simpler if it was an entire strand that wasn't working... Then I could just throw them out and put up new ones. But it can never be simple, so of course, its just half of the strand that didn't want to work. 

Long story short, I had been working and working on these stupid lights when I finally just let out a growl. Something like, "Grrrrrr! These lights are driving me craaaazy!!!!" Livy (who was right beside me) said,

"Mama, there's no reason to be mad. It's just a beautiful day, and Jesus doesn't like us to me mad. So don't be mad, OK?"

Well, what could I say to that?? She made a very good point. I finally got all the lights working again and all was well in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment