banner

banner

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Daddy's Girl

 
 
I think every little girl reaches the age when she figures out how to make her daddy do exactly what she wants... and Olivia has definitely figured it out! Not to take any of the credit away from her, but Drew has been wrapped around her finger since day one, so when she starts turning on the charm, he's a goner! When she tilts her head up at him, blinks those long eyelashes, and calls him Daddy, I know there's no hope for him standing his ground!

For example, the other night, she woke up in the middle of the night and crawled in our bed. I must have taken her back to her bed (it couldn't have been Drew, he lets her stay in our bed). Anyway, somehow she ended up back in her bed calling for her daddy. Drew went back there to check on her and in the most pitiful voice she said,

"Muggle with me, Daddy."

So, of course, Drew laid down with her for a little while. When he thought it was safe, he tried to sneak out but she caught him and asked for chocolate milk. (She knows I'll say no!) Drew got her a cup of milk and told her it was time to go back to sleep. He also told her that he was going back to his bed and she would have to be a big girl and sleep by herself. He was almost out the door when she said ever so sweetly,

"I like your hair cut Daddy. You're so pretty!"
 
So guess what he did? Crawled back in bed with her! I'm telling you... she's got this charm stuff figured out!

The next day while Drew was telling me about all of this, Livy chimed in and said,
"I really do like your hair cut, Daddy. And I like your eyebrows... They're so black and brown!"

Hilarious!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha! I'm cracking up! I can almost here that sweet little voice. "Muggle with me!" haha!

    ReplyDelete