banner

banner

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day, Pappy!



It's no secret that I think Drew is an amazing husband and father, and I try not to let a day go by that I don't tell him so. But he gets it honest... he knows how to be a loving, caring husband and a selfless, doting father because he was raised by one. There really aren't enough adjectives to describe how good Pappy is to us, and Annie, too, of course!

Back when Drew and I were first married, we were discussing God's love, how much He loves us. I remember Drew made this comparison - "Just think about how much my dad loves us. How he'll do whatever he can to help us and he'll give up anything for us... I can't imagine someone loving us more than that, but God does." The depth of God's love for us really is unfathomable.

Pappy is the prime example of a selfless, drop-whatever-he's-doing-and-come-help father.
He never lets us buy our own meals when we go out to eat with them.
He's come to our rescue countless times when we've had an emergency (a fridge go out, a leaking roof, a dead battery, etc.)
He worked for months on our new house when we bought it scraping the popcorn ceilings, replacing sheet rock, painting, installing floors, hanging light fixtures, and so much more.
He loves his grandbabies, spoils them rotten, and drives them a little crazy, all in good fun!
I'm pretty sure they bought the party barge just so us kids and grandkids could use it every summer.
He prays for us everyday, and he doesn't even have to admit to that, I just know he does. That's the type of father he is.
He is quick to forgive when we make bad decisions or goof up or break a beam off the boat trailer... woops! 
He never misses a dance recital, an AWANA closing program, a parade, a birthday party, or a holiday. He's always there, no matter what.

He's one of the best men I know, and I'm so glad he raised Drew to be just like him. I'm proud to call him my father-in-law.






No comments:

Post a Comment